Monday, May 08, 2006

Cardinal Urges Christians To Sue Da Vinci Code

BBC News

A leading cardinal has urged Christians to take legal action against the best-selling book The Da Vinci Code, and the forthcoming film adaptation.

Cardinal Francis Arinze, who was among the favourites to become the new pope last year, spoke out in a TV documentary due to be shown in Rome.

"Christians must not just sit back and say it is enough for us to forgive and to forget," said Arinze.

I read The Da Vinci Code and enjoyed it. It didn't make me change my Christian views. The views Dan Brown put into the book are not new. Some have been around for hundreds of years while others have only been put out the last couple of decades. Brown just put them in a format and story that has sold a lot of books. I'm not Catholic so I don't understand all thier specific beliefs, but I don't see where sueing is an answer. Just because the Muslims want to crush freedom of speech doesn't mean that us Christians must follow that lead when someone offends us.


posted by David at 8:40 PM :: Permalink ::