Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Two Cents: Flag Burning

I know I'm little late on this issue this year but better late then never.

I did not support the constitutional ban on flag burning. I do believe it is a first amendment protected activity. I don't see myself burning the flag in protest, but that doesn't mean I want to take that right from someone else. I do support burning the flag as the proper way to dispose of an old tattered flag. Old Glory is mistreated everyday, worn tattered flags hanging in a rainstorm is not showing the proper respect it is due. Also the flag isn't suppose to be used on clothes or as advertisment but it is everyday. I believe that proper flag handleing should be taught in civics class and that everyone of us should do our best to make sure the flag is treated with respect.


posted by David at 1:26 AM :: Permalink ::