Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Two Cents About Afghan Christian Abdul Rahman

First of all I believe it's wrong for a person to be put to death for a victemless crime. I don't think Mr. Rahman deserves death.

Now for the other cents worth. Most people will not like this but, he is Afghan and after returning to Afghanistan from Germany he falls under their law. Afghanistan law is based on Sharia law which forbids anyone from converting from Islam to any other faith. Is this right? By our law, no. By Afghan law, yes. So even thourgh I don't support it, I have to honor it. Yes, we took out the Taliban and helped them form their government, but that doesn't mean that they have to do what we say or base their government on US law. We helped them form a republic and the republic they choose is an Islamic republic. That is a republic based on Islamic law. We most honor their law within their country just like we here in the US expect other country to respect our laws. Case in point is our death penality, anytime we have a high profile execution European countries and the UN raise sand about our barbaric practices, and we ignore them.

So there's my 2 cents.


posted by David at 8:15 PM :: Permalink ::

Comments on "My Two Cents About Afghan Christian Abdul Rahman"

 

post a comment