Friday, March 10, 2006

James Kenan High School Should Be Closed Says Judge

WECT

A superior court judge has placed a Duplin County school on his list of 19 schools across the state that he recommends be closed because of poor peformance numbers.

Judge Howard Manning sent his letter of recommendations to the top education officials in the state. James Kenan High School in Warsaw is one of those schools included in that letter.

Judge Manning's outline recommends closing schools with four consecutive years of poor performance. Officials at Kenan High say they've had average test scores under 60% for only one year.

I'm for open access to all area schools. My tax money goes not only to the local school my kids attend but to all the schools in the district county and state. And if one school has better results and I check out that school and find that the results are real and not from watered down test or cheating teachers then that's the school I want my kids to attend. If I'm willing to get my kids to that school then everything should be ok. I want real results from my children's school not just good EOGs and a good No Child Left Behind (another worthless costly Bush mistake) rating. If James Kenan High School is unable to produce the grades then it needs to be closed.


posted by David at 7:01 PM :: Permalink ::

Comments on "James Kenan High School Should Be Closed Says Judge"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (07 May, 2006 12:06) : 

I graduated from JKHS in 1992. I can assure you, that place sucks.

 

post a comment