Friday, July 07, 2006

Seat Belt Law, Safety or Greed?

The legislature has a bill that makes it the law for everyone in a car to buckle up, even adults in the backseat. They say it's to make it safer to drive and to protect the driver. My question is what about all the kids that ride on state owned school busses twice a day without a selt belt? Is it for safety or to increase the number selt belt tickets written?


posted by David at 5:36 PM :: Permalink ::

Comments on "Seat Belt Law, Safety or Greed?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23 April, 2007 20:19) : 

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (05 January, 2008 20:14) : 

I think its is not for greed but for safety. Would you rather go crashing through the window or fly out a window and get crushed by your car than wear a seat belt? If so, you are pretty dumb if you ask me!

 

Anonymous Jon E. said ... (12 June, 2008 18:19) : 

Actually there is evidence to suggest that seat belt's have crushed people clavical's and pelvic bones causing a fatality during an otherwise non-fatal accident. The problem is that we pay for the roads, we own our vehicles and then we don't have the freedom to choose whether or not we want to use a restraint in our cars. I'm not against child restraint laws for young children. But this law is purely for revenue. "Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security" -Ben Franklin

 

Blogger Mickey said ... (05 August, 2008 10:54) : 

Hi:
My name is Mickey.I personaly hate the seat belt law and think it's stupid.Isn't there anything we can do about it besides talk about it.Talk is cheap.Can't we vote or something?There should be a loophole or something.I got a seat belt ticket in N.C. the other day.
I am very angry.I think it should be our choice.Do these cops have nothing better to do than herrass
inosent people?Why don't they go out and catch real criminals and leave us alone?Thanks for hearing me out.I feel a little better now.
Mickey

 

post a comment